India is home to a number of magnificent mountain ranges that offer breathtaking views and unforgettable experiences. Here are some of the best travel places for mountain lovers in India:
1. Ladakh – Located in the northernmost region of India, Ladakh is a high altitude desert that is surrounded by the Himalayas. It offers stunning views of snow-clad peaks, frozen rivers, and pristine lakes.
2. Himachal Pradesh – This state is home to some of India’s most famous mountain ranges, including the Himalayas, Dhauladhar, and Pir Panjal. There are a number of hill stations in Himachal Pradesh, such as Shimla, Manali, and Dalhousie, that offer beautiful views and plenty of adventure activities.
3. Uttarakhand – Known as the “Land of Gods”, Uttarakhand is home to some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in India. The state is home to the Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Panchchuli mountain ranges, which offer stunning views and a variety of trekking and adventure activities.
4. Sikkim – This small state in Northeast India is home to the Kanchenjunga mountain range, which is the third highest mountain range in the world. Sikkim offers plenty of trekking opportunities, as well as beautiful views of glaciers, lakes, and waterfalls.
5. Kashmir – Known as the “Paradise on Earth”, Kashmir is home to some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in India. The state is home to the Himalayas, as well as the Pir Panjal and Karakoram mountain ranges. Visitors can enjoy trekking, skiing, and other adventure activities, as well as breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks and beautiful valleys.